Why would you have private medical insurance?
Private medical insurance gives you and your family peace of mind. You can get fast access to high-quality treatment when you need it. It also gives you freedom to fix appointments and treatment dates – making it easier to fit in to a busy work / life schedule. In today’s world a service such as this can be invaluable, especially with overcrowding, waiting times becoming a serious problem for the National Health Service.
Medical issues (such as cancer) could cause an extreme financial burden on those not fully prepared. In this sense, private medical insurance can be both a literal and metaphorical life saver. It is designed to cover a multitude of different things such as; the cost of surgery, medical specialists, accommodation and nursing for treatment at either a private hospital or in a private ward of an National Health Service hospital to help you recover as quickly as possible.
The benefits of private medical insurance include:
- No waiting lists – private medical insurance removes the uncertainty of National Health Service waiting lists.
- Fast diagnostic tests – with additional Out-patient Cover, you get the reassurance of a quick and full diagnosis.
- Higher quality hospitals – receive access to a nationwide network of private hospitals, all with extremely high standards of hygiene and patient care.
- Privacy – gives you comfort and privacy of your own room, eliminating concerns about shared wards.
- Quality consultants – receive the best possible care from quality-independently selected consultants.
In essence, private medical insurance is the definition of peace of mind. People who have taken out a private medical insurance policy live happy with the knowledge that should they ever develop a medical condition they will be seen quickly and treated with the correct medicine without having to pay the small fortune that it could have cost.